For all claims enquiries call: 0845 373 4772
For any incident during work hours (Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm) follow these procedures and call us on the number above.
For any incident outside of work hours, follow the procedure below, call us on the number above and leave a message clearly stating your name, address, telephone number and client reference number and we will call you as soon as the office reopens. Or you can wait until normal office hours and call us directly.
- Do not drive away. You must stop if any person or animal has been hurt, or if any vehicle or property has been damaged.
- Ask for the names and addresses of any other drivers or pedestrians. If there is another driver involved, ask for the name of his or her insurer and for their insurance policy or certificate number.
- If the accident damaged another vehicle, property or animal, you must give your name, address, vehicle registration number and show your insurance certificate to anyone who needs it. If anyone other than you is injured, you must show your insurance certificate to the police.
- Write down the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Draw a diagram of the scene. Show as much detail as possible. Include:
- The position of all the vehicles before and after the accident.
- The speeds and distances.
- Road names and layout.
- Where witnesses were standing.
- Any other obstructions to your view, or the view of other road users.
- Anything that could be relevant to the accident.